Sunday, January 2, 2011

Health - One Day at a Time


Health is one topic I feel as though I can talk about forever - I guess it's one of the reasons I started this blog. I love talking about it, learning about it and discussing different opinions. Health, to me, is about making good decisions on a daily basis that lead to a healthy life. Sometimes it's hard to be 100% healthy all day, every day. But I think it's important to remember that if you indulge in another slice of cake (or the whole thing), it's not the end of the world. 


My goals for this year are to:

  • Continue my healthy eating - I started eating healthy foods about 2 years ago. It's no longer a struggle for me, but it used to be. I'll go into more detail in another post.
  • Run a race every month - I started running last year and I love it. I only ran 2 races last year but I love training for them and love the hype of the race and the feeling after you finish. I've planned a race every month so far except April and December because I can't find any yet, but I will!
  • Play field hockey again - I started playing when I was about 9 and by the time I was 16 I was playing in 6 teams at once and played or trained every day of the week. I stopped playing a couple of years ago due to travel and picked up my hockey stick for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. I just need to find a team to join!
And to look this good while playing.
  • Keep active with fun activities and exercise - I love the kind of exercise that doesn't feel like exercise at the time. I love playing tennis, I've been kayaking a couple of times and want to get into yoga
  • Go to the dentist - another reason I started this blog is to keep me accountable. I almost didn't include this in the post because I just really don't want to go, but I know I have to. I have a fear of the dentist and the last time I went was just over a year ago. The dentist told me I needed to have 3 fillings and I would need to book another appointment for this. I have not yet booked this appointment... I aim to get this done by the end of February!
If I don't go to the dentist...
  • Have a check up at the doctors - I don't exactly have a fear of doctors, I have just never had a good experience. I feel they rush through things and I always leave feeling worse about myself (and not because I'm sick). I've been meaning to get a full check up for about a year. I think I'm healthy, but who knows what's going on inside! This will be done by mid February.

What are the small things you do each day to live a healthy life?



2 comments:

  1. I try to always eat veggies, drink water, and breathe deeply....I'm not always successful, but I try!

    I could talk about health forever too...fun!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I log my food daily to hold myself accountable for what I eat, exercise 5 days a week (and love it), and try to not grab food and eat.

    ReplyDelete